The School of Digital and Cinematic Art is offering wide-ranged and thorough programs for talented youth to become a successful part of the multi-billion-dollar industries; Game Design, Animation, Film and Television. Our programs are practice-oriented, providing hands-on training to the students in the areas of their interest along with critical thinking approach with an eye on the history and culture of our region. It offers solid foundations in all aspects of the relevant industry requirements, as we untie the entertainment, information and communication world from the general to the specific, from the theoretical to the practical, with a focus on research work and special projects, aiming to put our students at the top of the industry scene. The school is providing students with the best professional labs with education focusing on real world experience.
The School of Digital and Cinematic Art introduces initiatives which unite academic divisions and encourage the cross-pollination of ideas in order to better train students to recognize and capture opportunities in a world where disciplines intersect and where industries are changing at a fast pace. The basic teaching approach revolves around SDCA’s caseworks, an initiative where a series of teaching materials are focused on a single project and used in several core courses simultaneously. SDCA believes in active learning through entrepreneurial training, and bridging research and practice.
The aims and objectives of the degree programs offered by SDCA are to encourage students to:
• Develop their own artistic vision using theoretical and practical knowledge and skills.
• Design innovative games through latest storytelling techniques.
• Produce and develop ideas for film and other media that include writing from personal experience, visual and aural acuity, technical excellence, dramatic distillation, and emotional resonance.
• Visually express these unique ideas on film, video, or in new media, and to exhibit a thorough understanding of the concepts essential to the art of directing projects for film, television, documentaries, dramatic narrative projects, and the web.
• Promote an awareness of cinematic arts, comprising animation, interactive storytelling, game design, visual effects, the web and digital media, and how they all play a vital role in the evolving nature of storytelling in film, television, and the web.
IAC introduces the Incubation Center administered by SDCA, envisioned to bring together academia and industry. The Incubation Center will work as a Gaming, Animation and Film Venture Accelerator that is designed to capitalize on the tremendous opportunities existing in the mobile application, gaming, film and animation spheres. It seeks to achieve its primary objective by supporting students and talented youth with a target of creating successful projects/companies during the course of its development. We believe that the success of these projects/companies will inspire the young professionals and would-be entrepreneurs to take up the challenge of venturing to create a cycle of success and investment in this emerging sector of today’s knowledge economy.
French Experts to teach you in SDCA!
School of Digital and Cinematic Art-SDCA has created a linkage with institute in France called RUBIKA, with which IAC will collaborate to offer courses for SDCA students. French industry experts in the field of Game and Animation will also be part of SDCA faculty to give knowledge of latest tolls and techniques plus methods to develop businesses in the field of Game and Animation Design, selected students might get opportunity to do internships with French Game and Animation studios and to study courses at French counterpart. French expert Mr. Jean-Baptiste visited IAC and conducted workshop for students “Using Mughal Paintings for Games and Animations”. Mr. Jean discussed more workshops and courses to offered to students at IAC. You can learn the art of game and animation design and be part of multi billion industry.
Professor/Dean of Arts
Ali Hassan Naeem
Naintara Abdul Fazal